First the ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win- Mahatma Gandhi
People always fantasize about being a hero. They want to be famous and loved, defeat the bad guys, and remembered in the history books. But they don’t want to feel the pain that comes with fame.
We all like to think that we’re fighting for the good guys. We glorify the 1940s fight against the Nazis and pretend that every person we take down on Twitter is some kind of gestapo soldier.
Look at some of our heros that have aura of divinity around them; Martin Luther King jr., Ghandi, Abraham Lincoln. We act like they descended from the clouds recognized as heroic.
Before you can be loved for doing good, you have to be hated for it. Here are five people that have their name repeatedly slandered and faced enormous opposition. However I believe each one of them will be remembered as heroes
- Ron Paul
Admittedly Ron Paul is an easy one. He is the father of the liberty movement and made the libertarian party what it is today. The Washington elite love to ridicule Paul, calling him a failure for his lack of legislative success passing bills, they call him a racist. But he opened the minds of so many American’s, bringing us into politics and teaching us that there is principles in Washington. He is a one of a kind man.
- Sarah Palin
Liberals love to decry sexism but are slow to face it within themselves. There is no other way to describe the ridicule and disrespect that they have give the ex Governor of Alaska. They could talk about how evil McCain was or how bad Republican’s are, but all they called Palin was stupid. This woman (courtesy of this website, they said it so well!):
- Cut state spending between 2007 and 2010 by 9.5%.
- Reduced federal earmark requests by more than 80%
- Invested $5 billion in state savings, overhauled education funding, and implemented the Senior Benefits Program to provide support for low-income older Alaskans.
- Stopped the “Bridge to Nowhere” and wanted to redirect the federal funds to Minnesota after the bridge collapse in 2007.
- Rejected much of President Obama’s “stimulus money” in 2009.
- Proposed a $2.6 billion investment in the Education Fund to help fund public education for the future.
- Used her line-item veto to cut more than a quarter billion in superfluous spending in 2007:
- Spent less on travel expense than her two predecessors despite having a larger family. In fact, she spent over $913,000 less on personal expenses in her first two years than former Governor Frank Murkowski did his last two years.
- Governor Palin fought for and signed sweeping bipartisan ethics legislation which restricted lobbyists, improved disclosure laws, and improved executive and legislative branch ethics laws.
- In the face of corruption, she took on her own party when it was necessary.
Now that’s a damn woman.
- Andrew Breitbart
I wish Breitbart was alive today! I know he is smiling wherever he is. That man has changed the discourse in America. His name is synonymous with every ism you can think of. He fought back though, man he fought back.
- Breitbart’s brought the center-right coalition together by making the culture war about Big Government. Creating the huge media company breitbart.com
- The ACORN exposes showed how government grants made it possible to subsidize the lifestyle of a pimp
- Exposed ACORN’s longstanding role in the Fannie-Freddie-Community Reinvestment Act axis that undermined the traditional virtue of thrift — and crashed the economy — by subsidizing and mandating home loans that borrowers couldn’t afford.
- Went to head with John Podesta
If conservatism is the new counter culture, Breitbart will be credited with pushing it into the mainstream.
- Bruce Rauner
The Governor of Illinois is facing off against one of the largest most corrupt democratic machines in the country. He is on this list because he absolutely refuses to back down to Mike Madigan and his goons. He is the first Governor to do this in a long time. At this point Illinois is absolutely dependent on him if they want to walk back from the ledge of fiscal insanity. He tells is like it is and if Illinois becomes great again, it will be because of him.
Of course the living legend himself should be on this list. But I don’t think one article would be enough for President Donald Trump. The people on this list are great people. They all face extreme opposition and are on the bad side of the media. While the old guard liberals lash out at these figures, these heroes make history.